Have you determined your priorities for today, this week, this month, or this year? What are your priorities?
Stephen Covey: Quotes That Can Change Your Life
Stephen Covey is remembered as the author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which sold over 25 million copies. Many have read this book, but this habit list comes from, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens in school. Although worded differently, the list may allow the habits to be more memorable:
Habit 1: Be Proactive
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
Habit 3: Put First Things First
Habit 4: Think Win-Win
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand
Habit 6: Synergize
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
Quotes from Stephen Covey that have the power to completely change the direction of one’s life.
- The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
- The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
- Live out of your imagination, not your history.
- Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.
- Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
- You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside.
- I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow.
- Live, love, laugh, and leave a legacy.