Around the country, students, teachers, and parents are gearing up for the return to the classrooms. I reported back this past week and began to set up my classroom and attended three days of teacher inservices. We have three more days of preparation this upcoming week and then the students arrive on Thursday. I thought I would make a few goals for myself this school year.
Here they are:
1. Strive to be positive and truly listen to students’ needs and concerns. Talk with them about their behavior issues and try to help them overcome and deal with these problems rather than just handing out the consequence.
2. Use technology, smart boards, clickers, etc. more often than I already do in the classroom and science lab.
3. Use even more hands-on science lab activities to engage students.
4. Stop procrastinating! (This goal is probably the toughest!)
5. Get papers graded and returned in a timely manner. (I think this is a goal of mine EVERY year.)
I wish all the teachers out there a terrific school year.
What are some goals you have set for yourself for this upcoming school year?
Please share in the comments.
*The title of the post comes from Adam Sandler’s movie, Billy Madison.